Monday, December 5, 2011

Family Camp

...just a couple of more important catch-up posts, then on to advent.

Our family vacation this year entailed going to family camp at Barnabas.  This is an amazing little spot on Keats Island in the Howe Sound.  The setting was fantastic.  We get to this island via a little ferry with the other campers, and the view took our breath away.

They cater to family, which is why we chose family camp this year.  Our family has a large split in ages of out kids, and finding something that will be fun for everyone can be a challenge.  Well, family camp was perfect for our kids.  Anna was still a little small to appreciate everything that family camp offers (especially with her two naps a day).  Chelsea found some amazing friends that she hung out with all week.  Natalie had the most amazing camp leader, and had so much fun playing with the other kids her age.  We enjoyed a great speaker for the adult sessions.  There was even water activities that we got to do... Nat went tubing for the first time, and Cheslea had a blast on the hot dog thingy.

Family camp was not all perfect for me, though.  I was stuck with a school schedule that started earlier than anticipated, so I was reading and doing homework in some of my free time.  Also, the weather was not very good, mostly cold and rainy (and lots of rainy), which really affected me emotionally.  The Thursday I broke down emotionally... I was supposed to be enjoying our family vacation... and it just didn't feel very fun (for me only, of course)!  I prayed that the Lord help me appreciate the good and accept the weather and the dreariness and that He lift my sprirts.  Well, I serve an amazing God, and He cares for me, because that was the turning point in the trip for me (a little late, mind you).

Barnabas was a fantastic family vacation... next time I just need to make sure my heart is in the right place to truely enjoy the wonder of what I have been blessed with...

Ariving at Barnabas. (click on the pic to better see the view)
 Water activities.
Family photo time.
 Saying goodbye...

1 comment:

Elise Susanne said...

So great that your family had such a great vacation:). Hopefully next year you won't be burdened with school and might be able to just enjoy your family!!!