Sunday, November 27, 2011

The best birthday ever!

Today we celebrated my husband's birthday, which takes me back to my birthday at the beginning of summer.  Can you recall your BEST birthday ever?  Well, this was mine, and I am thrilled to share it with you, as I got to with so many this year.

The day was not about me.  In the morning we had a formal engagement party to attend in Surrey (Depak's cousin), and went to our church family picnic right after in Hope, with lunch and a change of clothes on the way.  And with all this happening, I had to miss out on the ball game in the morning.

The most amazing part of my day was what happened at the church picnic... 

I praise God for my children, they truely are blessings to our lives.  But when I see my child make faith an integral part of her life, now that is worthy of PRAISE!  Along with a couple of other youth, Chelsea was baptized in the lake at the picnic.  She followed in the will of her Heavenly Father and made a public declaration of her faith in her Saviour.

Her testimony left both Depak and I in tears, along with so many others there.  She shared some of her struggles, and how she had to place her dependence on her Heavenly Father for strength.  To know that she is a child of the King is special, to see her depend on the strength of her God is amazing.  Chelsea is a beautiful young lady, and I know that God will work out His perfect will in her life.
Thank-you Chelsea for the best birthday ever!

2 comments:

Elise Susanne said...

That is SO cool Tillie! I definitely remember that day. It was
Cool to hear Chelsea share her struggles and know that she has come to such a deep and meaningful place in her relationship with her Savior!

Andy said...

A very special day indeed! How wonderful to stop and take a moment to reflect on the good things, the things that define us. Congrats on raising a girl who's heart desires God! This is the best parenting one can do...