Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A family get-a-way

I have had a very busy summer and fall due to my new adventure in academia.  I have returned to school to complete my master's in business, and it has been tough (to say the least).  Balancing family, school, work (I am teaching two classes this fall), friends, church commitments, and my ever so patient husband are challenging.  It feels like they are all flying in the air, and some dropping without my ability to even pick them back up (right now... just temporary... I hope).

Well, this, and the fact that our summer vacation was not the relaxing vacation I was hoping for, I was in desperate need of a get-a-way.  We got to take off to Birch Bay for the Thanksgiving weekend, and it was an excellent retreat for me (and my family too).  We got to spend some quality uninterrupted time together as a family... and a little shopping at the end.  The only downside to our little get-a-way... the bed in the master was miserably uncomfortable.

Here are a few pics of our little retreat... I can't wait to go back!


1 comment:

Elise Susanne said...

Isn't it so amazing when you get to spend time with your family and have a wonderful memory to boot. Sometimes short getaways can be more stressful than their worth but if it turns out to be an opportunity to reconnect and you actually just enjoy the time than it was a worthwhile time away.

So glad you had that as you've needed that with your busy schedule!!