Friday, July 23, 2010

Introducing our newest sweetie

Anna Simran joined our family in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.  We waited patiently for her arrival... and then she was in a hurry to come.  But baby Anna did wait for her big sister to come home, completing our family of 5.

My labour was very short and very intense, not at all what I was expecting.  I thought we'd have some warning with the labour, and be able to go to the hospital with plenty of warning, but Anna had other plans.  With my first two, each time I went to the hospital I had not even started dilating, and each was born about 12 - 15 hours later.  With Anna, I was contracting in the evening, about 10 minutes apart, and definitely manageable.  At around 9:30 at night, the contractions were still 10 minutes apart, but they were starting to get painful.  I thought we were in for a long night at that rate.  At 10:45, my contractions started and didn't stop... we rushed to the hospital!  We got to the hospital around 11:30pm (after dropping Nat off at her grandparents - Chelsea was already there for a sleepover), and were rushed into a room.  Anna was born at 00:16 am. 

The doctor barely made it (he was getting his gloves on as she was coming out), and Anna was blue (she had the cord wrapped around her neck).  There were lots of nurses taking care of her.  I was worried as she was not crying, but they took excellent care of her and she came around quickly.  After the first hour, her vitals were great, and she weighed in at 8 lbs 1 oz.

Since bringing Anna home we have truely been enjoying our family time.  Chelsea adores her, and Natalie is curious but adjusting so well to having a baby around.  Daddy is the best, he's taking such good care of the two of us (giving me rest when I need it).  Anna feeds very well; she is sleeping great, and allowing me to get sleep at night as well.  She is so content (so far). 

Anna is so precious, we are so blessed!  God knew what he was doing when he knit her in my womb, and we trust her to His care as she grows.  We have three daughters, and each one is unique and special!

4 comments:

Elise Susanne said...

Yeah for a beautiful child! Lanae says she is such a pretty baby and wants to meet her:) We are happy for your family and glad this blessing has finally arrived safe and sound.

Christa said...

Congratulations Tillie! She is so beautiful, and I'm glad to hear you are all adjusting well to life as a family of five.

Anonymous said...

Yay for another girl!! Sisterhood is a wonderful thing and your girls are blessed to have each other.

Sarafina said...

Congrats Tillie and Depak!! I love the name you've chosen, and so glad your little one entered the world safely...hope you're getting some rest and recovery (0: