Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A season of busy...

This winter/spring has been extremely busy for our family... work has kept us on the go for too long.  But, now as this season is passing, I have free time to sit here and jot my thoughts down.  Its surprising how it is hard to slow down after being on the go for so long, but I am glad for the slower next couple of months, as I need more rest as this baby's arrival draws nearer.

Its been tough going through these last months, both physically and emotionally.  Physically my body is having a hard time adjusting to the largeness of this baby inside.  I'm aching more than normal... but it may be partially due to exhaustion.  I'm hoping some walks outdoors will help as we count down to this baby's arrival - only 10 weeks to go (plus a week as I'm usually late).

We've tried so hard to make sure we get some good family time in here and there, but juggling both our busy schedules has made it hard for Depak and I to see eachother.  Its so hard to make the effort to connect at the end of a hectic day when we're both so spent.  I hope we get some much needed time out soon just to reconnect.  I'm also looking forward to reconnecting with friends, which comes easier as the weather warms also.

During this past month, although I haven't had much time for much, I do make sure I enjoy the girls as much as I can.  Here are some photos of Nat playing on the Trampoline one afternoon (Depak got to take Chelsea out to see the Globe Trotters - I opted to hang out at home).  She's starting to get some air too.

April has so many birthdays for us to celebrate as well.  Natalie loves to wish people happy birthday... and especially her special uncle Walter.  Its a birthday I remember wanting to forget, and I think Walt felt the same way... the big 3-0!  I was fortunate enough to get to make his cake... angel food cake with chocolate whipping icing... yum!  And the 30 turned out pretty good.  Hope you had a great day Walt!





Our nephew Pierre also had a birthday, which was so much fun.  They rented the gym at the Guilford Rec Centre, and had a bunch of toys out for the kids to play with.  Pierre also got a special Thomas the Train cake... he loves Thomas!

And our little Arjun celebrated his first birthday too!!! Happy birthday Arjun!!!  He has this amazing cake, and a "little slugger" themed party with a baseball piñata.  His mom did a great job with the decorations.

No comments: