Saturday, May 15, 2010

Annual track and field

I love track meets, they were one of my favorite days in school growing up.  Chelsea isn't the most eager to participate in track, but since its still mandatory this year, she took part in a few events.  The weather was fabulous, with the sun shining down all day.  Nat and I met Chelsea at the track for lunch and then hung around to see her take part in shot-put and long-jump (no ribbons, but Chelsea doesn't seem to mind - its more about the social aspect for her).

One thing I am amazed about over and over is the bond my girls have.  To see Nat adore her didi (big sister), and to see Chelsea love on her little sister (I don't have a punjabi word for that one)... just makes my heart melt.  I'm excited and hesitant to see what a new little one will add to the mix.

1 comment:

Elise Susanne said...

It's always hard to anticipate what the relationship will be with a new baby but remember that Chelsea is old enough to understand the value of new life and the joy that it will bring to your family so I'm sure she'll be as attentive as she has been with Nat. Natalie will adjust eventually. I'm sure she'll be a great big sister and she might even surprise you by being a big "helper" right off the bat!