Saturday, July 18, 2009

Class fieldtrip

I know its well into the summer holidays, but I wanted to post this so long ago. I really enjoyed going on Chelsea's class fieldtrip to Hayward Lake, near Mission. The class took a 5 km hike (part was a hike, the majority was a walk) and then enjoyed their lunch on the beach before heading back to the school. Nat and I both got to go along.

I wasn't sure what the terrain would be like on the hike. I tried to search any possible sites indicating if strollers or backpacks would be best, but found nothing. So, I took Nat in a backpack. My, it was a long 5 km with an extra 30 lbs on your back. A stroller would have sufficed, but we had fun none the less.

I enjoyed watching Chelsea and her friends goofing around at the beach, getting wet, having fun. The kids depend on you less more and more, but I'm glad that I got to spend this time in her element.

I also got a few great photo's of the girls at the beach. We had fun (with the exception of the bus ride back to our van - bus driver was not impressed with a baby on the bus - not allowed for insurance purposes or something, but she was pretty nasty about it).

No comments: