Sunday, May 31, 2009

Abbotsford Run for Water

I did it, I ran this 10K in under 60 minutes. It was a personal best at 58:37... wooohoooo!!!!!

I challenged Harold to this run, and told him I was going to beat him, which I did. To be fair, he had not been training, and he recently came back from vacation, but I beat him none the less (by 2:32 to be exact).

I had such a blast, I can't wait to run a race again. It is quite addictive, these races. And this one was for such a good cause - building wells in Ethiopia. They raised over $81,000, way to go Abby! On top of the fundraising, I am proud that Abbotsford has put on such a high class race as this. For more info, check out http://www.runforwater.ca/

The photos are of us after the race. My hair was still in tack (not too crazy sweaty).

No comments: