Wednesday, September 3, 2008

When she says pyramid, say no thanks...

I started Bootcamp a couple of weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying the workout. Everyone says I don't need it, and to clarify, I'm not out to loose a tonne of pounds, I would just like to get into shape. I will not lie, I'd love to loose a few, but my main goal is getting in shape and feeling better about myself.

Brenda-lee is awesome; she's our instructor. She's so bubbly and fun. I expected someone with a tough demeanor, but man, the little lady in red sure knows how to push you.

Yesterday I did what Brenda called a pyramid. Oh my goodness, ouch!!! I did 10 pushups on the top bar by the bleachers, then 10 on the bottom bar, and 5 triceps (holding onto the lower bar in a sitting position, you lower yourself and push back up). Doesn't sound too bad. Well, the pyramid part is when you count down to 1, so 10-10-5, 9-9-5... all the way to 1-1-5. My arms felt like jello.

After this, we got to run the field, and do more pushups, I think another 50 of them. Oh my goodness, and I don't have any upper body strength to begin with. Every time I had to get on the grass, I didn't know if I'd make it back up.

But I love Bootcamp, I really do. Anyone want to join up with me? I'm continuing on from September 15 for another 4 weeks.

For more info, check out their site at http://www.survivorbootcamp.com/.

2 comments:

Elise Susanne said...

No fair I can't start in September!!! I really want to give it a try but obviously I have to wait a few more weeks. Glad you're enjoying it though.

Andy said...

wow..you're on your own sister...my body fatigues just reading your workout. i'd love to do something but i was thinking more along the lines of pilates...anyone want to start a pilates group at church?