Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Five years and getting stronger every moment

My husband and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary early February.  We got eachother Husband and Wife cards that were great symbols of who we are and where our marriage is at (even if those don't always change from one year to the next, eh honey).  Depak's parents had us over for dinner to celebrate with some family, and gave us some pretty nice treats.  We also got to enjoy a really nice dinner out with the kids at the fake parents.

This was a milestone anniversary for us, not so much in the actual number, but in the growth of our marriage.  We will both be honest and admit that marriage is hard work.  We've made a committment to eachother, and desire to be honouring to our Lord in how we live out our lives and our marriage.  This anniversary we truely felt some of the fruits of the labor of our first five years, and I'm so thankful to say that it was a labor of love.  I love my husband and I know that he loves me.  I am thankful to be married to a committed and Godly man, and I pray that I will be honoring to him as our marriage continues to grow.

Love ya honey! 

No comments: