Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trick or Treat!!!

One thing I have always enjoyed doing was dressing up for Halloween.  As kids we would find things in the closet to dress up as, which, more often than not, included a cowboy hat.  One year I even used a curtain for a skirt.  It was fun trying to be creative and come up with costume ideas.  As an adult I've had several opportunities to dress up as well, which is even more fun.  I love rummaging through the thrift stores to find gems to use.  I have this awesome shaggy orange jacket in the closet that I'll keep for future dress up opportunities.

There are many things about Halloween that I am not a supporter of.  We also have friends that have chosen not to take part in the day, which I fully respect.  I think it is important to understand the dangers that the day presents, and to take extreme caution, especially with our little.

All that in perspective, we still dress up and take part in trick or treating.  We dress the kids up and go to Grandma and Babba Ji's, and then off we go trick or treating.  Grandma and Babba Ji enjoy taking the kids out.  We were out for nearly 2 hours and came home with toooo much candy!

The kids had great costumes also.  Chels and Steph combined their options from their mom's old stashes, and looked cool in their rocker and pirate costumes.  Nat got to be a monkey again this year, as the costume fit really good.  Anna got to use Nat's first costume, and was a pumpkin.  She even came out with us, but slept in the stroller the entire time.  Chacha Ji and Chachi Ji were awesome looking nerds, and Arjun was an adorable spider.

1 comment:

Andy said...

great costumes!! Glad you all had fun:)