Monday, November 8, 2010

"The best birthday party ever"

According to Natalie, it was "the best birthday party ever"!  Its wonderful to see how life to a 3 year-old is so AMAZING!  Nat had her 3rd birthday last week, and we had a few family over for dinner, cake and gifts.  She was showered with love, and some very cool toys, what a lucky girl.
Nat has a love for care bears.  A long while back she asked for a care bears brithday cake.  So, I set off to figure out how to do this.  I found a cake pan on craigs list (complete with instructions) and made my first drop icing cake.  It was a lot harder than I anticipated, but once I got the hang of it, it was a lot of fun.  Nat helped make the cake, and discovered that licking the beaters is the best part.  Now Chelsea will have to share that honor.  This cake is love-a-lot bear, just like her care bear (which in fact was Chelsea's from long ago).
Nat also discovered that we had a small #3 cake pan, so she wanted that kind of cake too.  It was small and easy, and Chelsea did the honors of decorating it for her.  Although she wants candles on her cake, she's still a little afraid of the flame and did not want to blow it out. 

1 comment:

Elise Susanne said...

She is such a sweetie with a very idea of she wants!! I think she came by it honestly on both sides:). It will serve her well in life I'm sure! Happy third year Nat.