Saturday, October 2, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa come for a visit

My parents were able to come out from MB this summer, and it was great for them to meet our Anna.  Anna's namesake is my grandma (dad's mom), which was pretty special for my parents.  We had a nice visit, making some traditional mennonite food from scratch, trying some amazing Sockeye salmon, playing cards, swimming... we even tought mom how to use a digital camera.  We didn't venture out too far from home, as the weather wasn't the greatest, but we had a good visit none the less.

We got to celebrate my dad's birthday while they were out here, so we had a picnic in the park for lunch, and went out for dinner in the evening.

My parents don't get to see these grandkids as much, so it was great to have them visit.  Nat took a special liking to grandpa... he's a fun grandpa.  She was especially sad when they had to go.  Can't wait for the next visit, probably in MB.

No comments: