Saturday, October 23, 2010

Birthday season has begun at the Parmar household

I love birthdays, they seem to generate so much joy.  As a parent, I think birthdays are particularly special... we set aside a day to celebrate our child.  Our first birthday celebration is Chelsea's, and what a nice day it was.  Chelsea, you are blossoming to be a beautiful young lady, and we continue to pray that God molds you into the woman He has in store for you.  We love you... baby girl.
Oh, and for her birthday this year, I made her another special cake.  Chelsea has a love for art, and we got her an art easel for her birthday, so I decided to make a paint pallet for a cake.  It turned out pretty neat.  I got to play with fondant again, which I do love.  Now I have a whole year to come up with another cool cake idea (and a few more cakes to make in between).
We had a fun small family party for Chelsea.  It doesn't take many to spoil her.  We are so thankful for the people in her life... they love making her feel special.

1 comment:

Elise Susanne said...

Tillie, you are such a creative mom! I love making cakes for my kids too but seeing your creativity makes me want to strive to do better.

Chelsea is turning into a beautiful, young lady and I love hearing how you and Depak continue to parent as a team with God as your lead. It's inspiring. Glad you had a wonderful day.