Friday, October 23, 2009

A precious gift from God

Thirteen years ago I was blessed with a gift that I did not fully understand. But it was a beautiful gift that I fell in love with the moment I laid eyes on her. Chelsea came into this world at a time in my life that presented a lot of uncertainty. I moved into my first place the day this photo was taken, bought groceries for the fridge on the way home from the hospital, and then spent my first night on my own with a small baby who had no idea of how she came to that place. (wow, I have tears just trying to write this) I didn't know what I was doing as a person, let alone a mom.

(I don't have a scanner, so I took a picture of these old photos)
She was so small, and I was so young. God has brought the two of us a long way from that hospital room in Steinbach. Through amazing people and an abundance of God's love, grace and blessing, our lives have changed from that night 13 years ago.

And look at the beautiful teen she's become. She's not actually 13 here, (only 12 and 364 days old). I trust that God will work in her life. I know that God will continue to bless our lives because of her.

Chelsea, we are so proud of you. We are excited to see how God will work in and through your life, and see Him shine through you as you seek to honor Him. We pray that you will continue to seek God's will for your life, because the safest place to be is in His will, wherever that takes you.

We love you Chelsea. Happy birthday sweetheart.

Love mom and dad and Nat.

No comments: