Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Friends...

Friends,

God provides encourgement in our lives in many ways, and I am so glad I am blessed to be encouraged by friends. This past weekend several friends came over and hung out at our place. What made it extra special was that we were able to visit with Janelle before her husband wisks her away from us (we'll miss you Dochuk family). Well, at my house, the equation goes...

Good friends...
plus good food...
equals dress up!
Being the only cultured member of our group (yeah right, I just married into the cultured family), I had a lot of colorful outfits in my cupboard. We pulled out my many suits (long top and pant style that five of the ladies are wearing), langas (skirt style as displayed by Christa), and sarees, and the bangals and earings to match. Because I have no idea how to tie a saree, we couldn't try them on, but I'm sure we'll find a way to make it work next time. It was so much fun. Can't wait until Missions week, we'll see an array of color from these ladies again. We'll do henna next time too!

6 comments:

Andy said...

That was such a blast! You gals are THE best!

Living Light RV - Kent & Lisa said...

Thanks for hosting us Tillie!! I had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Tillie, that last post was me...my computer was signed in under my sister!!

Christa said...

I was wondering who Lisa was! I thought maybe she left before I got there. :)
I am so thankful for friends I can be silly with, and in the next breath, have deep spiritual discussions.

Elise Susanne said...

My sentiments exactly! We will definitely have to do THIS again.

Kimberly said...

Looks like a great time! Andrea was telling me about it and I thought I'd have a peek at the pictures!
Have a great Thanksgiving! Kim