Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I got waterpipes :(

Nat got to open a very large present at Christmas, but she was pretty apprehensive when she saw what was inside... waterpipes.  Her expression was priceless, and not one of excitement.  Well, the waterpipes were only half of the present, the other half had not been sewn at that time (it was a very hectic semester for me, and my dreams for this present were bigger than my reality.  But, none the less, we put the waterpipes together, and made a make shift cover to create the playhouse that it was to create.

Well, my free time in May came with a to-do list, and at the top was the playhouse cover.  Well, here it is, sewn and on the waterpipes.  We still have embellishments and fun stuff to finish, but it is functional now.  I'm going to get the girls to help with the flowers and names for the outside, to make it personal for them.
To save on the fabric costs, I used blue flat sheets, light aqua shower curtain, and striped pillow cases from Jysk.  (the two side pics show the pipe structure, made all out of 3/4" pvc pipes and joints - if you'd like to know what I used to put this together, just let me know)

No comments: