Thursday, September 16, 2010

To the river

There is something captivating about our Heavenly Father's creation.  One thing I truely delight in is being able to be outdoors and taking in the beauty of the created world around us.  I am drawn especially to water, and am blessed to live in a place where water is in abundance.  We took some time on a hot summer evening to stroll along the Fraser River.  Its a beautiful place for breathtaking sunsets, and good pictures too.
This always brings to mind the Brian Doerksen song "The River", a favorite of mine.  The Sunday before we happened to sing this song at church, so I reflected on the words while enjoying the peacefulness of the setting.  "He is calling, he is waiting, Lord I need to meet you there."  When life seems overwhelming, I am so thankful that I have a savior that desires to have me "cast my cares on Him for he cares for me."

2 comments:

Elise Susanne said...

So true Tillie! I often take for granted the fact that we live in a place where we have such beautiful surroundings but I am always reminded afresh when someone from out of province comes to visits and comments on the stunning beauty that is our province. Thanks for the reminder once again.

Andy said...

Beautiful pictures Tillie! There is just something so calming and relaxing about water!