Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve the festivities begin, and so does the food.

We start our Christmas Eve by joining our Church family at the Christmas Eve Service, which is a candle light service with carols, reading the Christmas story from the Bible, special music, etc. I especially enjoyed the special music this year, with Rachel and her Dad sining a duet together, as well as the ladies singing O Beautiful Star. Depak had not heard that song before; it is one of my favorites. Nat kept singing "shine on, shine on".

Afterwards we join our Cornwall/Lusty family for appetizers, good fellowship, and a few gifts. We look forward to this every year, just makes the holidays feel like they've started.

This year I had Chelsea bring her flute to play Christmas carols for us to sing, which she played for the kids Christmas program. When I was a kid, each Christmas we would have to do our part from our Christmas programs in front of the grandparents and aunts and uncles, so many times I had to bring out my trombone and play a piece, or say my lines. I was glad to pass on that tradition, although I don't think Chelsea was.

No comments: