Monday, September 21, 2009

The Abbotsford Police Challenge

This is the second time I've run the Abbotsford Police Run, the last time was several years ago, and I ran the 5K. This year I ran the 10K in my best time yet. Official time was 56:17 (2 minutes and 20 seconds better than my run in May, yeah!). I'm not very fast yet, but just wait, I'll get there.

Barb (a part of my extended, adopted family) did the run this year too. So proud to see how well she's done. Check out her blog listed on my side pannel. Love ya Barb!

Official race times (for 10K) are: http://www.raceheadquarters.com/results/2009/run/AbbyPoliceChallenge2009OA10K.html

Next race: well, there's one in October, but if Chelsea agrees to run with me, I'll just do 5K and stick with her on that one. Otherwise it'll be a while for me. I think I need to focus on other things for the fall (including exercising with my friends again, this lone running is getting boring).

3 comments:

Elise Susanne said...

Yeah, your friends are getting tired of motivating themselves!!! See you at the track soon.

Barb said...

Thanks Tillie! I wouldn't have thought to sign up for the Police Challenge if it wasn't for you talking about it.

Andy said...

Yeah...first you boot camp us up, then leave us for dead. kiddin'...can't wait to get together again:)